Gregory D. Sargent, CPA
As a founding shareholder of Kittell, Branagan & Sargent, I’ve spent the past 40 years of my career building a firm with my fellow shareholders of high-quality, world-class professionals that operate with the utmost integrity and professionalism. Through major tax reform, economic instability, and a global pandemic, KBS has provided guidance, advice, and solutions for our clients that go above and beyond the basic compliance offered at other more traditional accounting firms. We think differently, and we act differently, and our clients value that.
As founder and managing shareholder, I’ve made it my mission to:
- Encourage a growth mindset that embraces challenges and evolves to meet the ever-changing needs of our clients even in the most difficult circumstances.
- Create a firm where business owners with $500,000 or $300 million in sales can get the level of service and expertise they need to make the best decisions for their business.
- Provide clients with a common-sense approach to tax and accounting while being a sounding board for their frustrations and helping them celebrate their wins.
- Solve the complex problems and help our clients sleep better at night knowing their CPA has their back.
- Foster a culture where young professionals can thrive and advance by being exposed to a multitude of opportunities rather than pigeonholing them into one niche.
- Embrace change with a continuous learning mindset that tackles everything from industry shifts to technological advancements in order to prepare the firm for the future.
- Champion the CPA profession by offering a positive outlook and mentoring the next generation of leaders.
I’ve served clients of all sizes in industries ranging from health care to construction to small commercial airlines in the areas of tax, estate planning, audit, and business advisory. As the managing shareholder of KBS, I am focused on the firm’s evolution and growth.
Managing Partner; Founding KBS Partner, 1986.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Vermont Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Civic Organizations: Past President and Treasurer, Northwest Counseling and Support Services
- Former, Franklin-Grand Isle Mental Health Services, Inc., Board of Directors
- Past Treasurer, St. Albans Skating Association, Board of Directors
- Past Treasurer, St. Albans Chamber of Commerce
- Past President/Treasurer, St. Albans Little League
B.S., Accounting, Southern New Hampshire University (formerly known as New Hampshire College)
When I take off my managing shareholder hat, I like to take advantage of all that Vermont has to offer. Getting outdoors with my family at our camp on the lake is a priority for me. We enjoy hunting, fishing, skiing, playing golf, and a little pick-up hockey with our children and grandchildren. There’s nothing better to me than a family gathering or socializing with friends trying out local restaurants.