Andrew M. Bachand, CPA
For more than 35 years, I’ve dedicated my career as a CPA to serving the nursing home and long-term care industry and immersing myself in the complex reimbursement regulations they must follow. I even served as the controller for a chain of nursing homes early in my career but quickly realized I preferred the variety of public accounting. In addition to the long-term care industry, I also serve the audit and compliance needs of the housing industry and governmental entities; focusing on municipalities and school districts.
I specialize in:
- Providing tailored solutions for the nursing home and long-term care industry that address common issues such as auditing, cost reporting, and rate reimbursement.
- Working with nursing home businesses for M&A transactions that address their specific needs in due diligence, compliance, and maximizing reimbursement.
- Auditing nonprofit and governmental (municipalities and school districts) organizations and helping to ensure they meet their financial and compliance reporting requirements.
- Advising clients on the available tax incentives and legislative programs specific to their industry to maximize every opportunity.
Not every CPA has the expertise to deal with the specific buy-sell process and reimbursement issues related to changes in ownership that long-term care facilities must go through in Vermont, nor are they prepared to deal with the special programs available, like the VT Medicaid extraordinary financial relief process. The facilities I’ve worked with through these processes have been able to withstand the tremendous challenges of their industry and the reimbursement challenges.
- Engagement Partner; named KBS Partner, January 2000
- Specializing in Medicare and Medicaid Cost Reimbursement
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Member, Vermont Society of Certified Public Accountants.
- Board Member, Friends of Northern Lake Champlain
- Former Board Treasurer, Franklin County Home Health
- Former Chairman, St. Mary’s Parish Advisory Council and Finance Committee
- Former Member, Foster Grandparent Program Advisory Board
- Former President, Franklin County Humane Society Board of Directors,
- Former Treasurer
- Former Member, American Heart Association—Northwestern Division, Board of Directors
- Former Member, Franklin Grand Isle United Way, Finance Committee
A.S., Accounting, Champlain College, Burlington, Vermont
In my spare time, I enjoy hunting, fishing, and just getting outdoors. We have a house on the lake and are frequently out hiking, canoeing, and 4 wheeling. When I’m not spending time outdoors, I also enjoy cheering on the UVM hockey team.