Mark P. Mayer, CPA
Growing up with a CPA father who worked for the IRS, you could say I was born to be an accountant. Thanks to him, I had an insider’s perspective on the profession and the best CPA firms in Vermont. When I made the jump to public accounting following a few years as a staff accountant for a credit union, it was easy to choose Kittell, Branagan & Sargent knowing they would provide the expertise and knowledge I needed to advance my career.
For over 20 years, I’ve served clients in the construction, health care, manufacturing, and wholesale industries by offering tailored solutions to the unique challenges they face. I help clients by providing:
- Proactive and efficient tax planning and preparation that considers all the available opportunities whether they be industry-specific for their business or related to their personal goals.
- Thoughtful advisory to help them make better decisions for the future of their business in the areas of finance, processes, and human resources.
- An entrepreneurial approach to doing business that takes calculated risks for optimal growth.
My specialty lies in the construction industry where I help clients with their compliance needs such as audits, reviews, and compilations, as well as the more nuanced aspects of relationship building with key stakeholders to secure bonding for projects. The challenges and opportunities in the construction industry are unlike any other, and I enjoy working with my clients to improve their operations.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Vermont Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Finance Committee Member—Camp Ta-Kum-Ta
- Participant, American Cancer Society Chittenden VT Relay For Life
- Participant, March of Dimes—Vermont State Chapter
B.S., Business Administration, St. Michael’s College
In my spare time, I enjoy outdoor activities such as skiing, golfing, and hiking with my two rescue dogs.