Are you looking to take your career in Public Accounting to the next level? Do you have strong client service skills and a commitment to quality? If you possess at least 2+ years of experience in Public Accounting and know tax, audits, and client service, we want to hear from you!
Kittell Branagan and Sargent, one Vermont’s most respected accounting firms, has an immediate opening for a Senior Accountant to join our growing team!
We are looking for an ambitious, career-driven individual that is looking for unlimited growth potential. The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor of Accounting, at least two years of experience in Public Accounting, strong client service skills, and a commitment to quality.
- Assist with tax planning and projections
- Assume responsibilities for assigned audit and tax work, assuring qualify, timely, and efficient performance of tasks. Perform other accounting and tax duties as needed in engagement and as assigned.
- Understand basic tax issues and applies appropriate code and regulations to client situations.
- Records transactions in ledgers, prepares trial balances and simple financial statements using computer software program.
- Performs schedule computations of accruals, property, and equipment and calculates depreciation expense.
- Works effectively within given budgetary parameters; approaches projects with a sense of urgency, and is completion oriented.
- Assist in the preparation of audited, reviewed, and compiled financial statements in accordance with GAAP and OCBOA.
- Prepare tax return for businesses, individuals, and trusts
- Keeps up to date with and understands general accounting and tax procedures by proactively engaging in educational opportunities
- Bachelor of Accounting,
- 2+ Years of public accounting experience,
- Team player with a positive – ‘can do’ approach.
- Must be able to work independently,
- Ability to handle multiple engagements,
- Ability to utilize or quickly learn and work with the firm’s software packages, including automated audit systems, a suite of tax preparation software (i.e., cch, UltraTax).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
KBS offers excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Up to $10,000 to help defray the cost of additional CR hours and the costs of the CPA Exam
- Generous vacation, personal and comp time,
- Eight paid holidays,
- Medical Insurance,
- Dental and Eyecare Reimbursement policy,
- Short-term and long-term disability,
- Life insurance,
- AICPA life insurance,
- Generous 401(K) Plan with company matching and profit-sharing contributions,
- Fitness membership
Gain invaluable professional experience and exposure to a wide range of industries and engagements.
KBS is a highly regarded full-service CPA firm specializing in providing both tax and audit services to a wide variety of clients across many industries, including healthcare, construction, and manufacturing. For over three decades, KBS has been assisting business owners with their tax, accounting, auditing, and consulting needs.
️Work directly with highly sought-after experts and business owners.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess the maturity and insight needed to work directly with business owners as this position has direct interaction and responsibility with our clients.
Have an impact on the community.
At Kittell Branagan & Sargent, you will have the satisfaction of knowing that your contributions directly impact the lives of the firm’s clients and their businesses.